We enjoy sharing our knowledge of hidden gems in the Portes du Soleil. We’ve been based in the PDS for 12 years and have spent many days exploring.
Excitingly, we are based in the middle of one of the largest ski areas in the world. The Portes du Soleil area boasts over 200 ski lifts covering 1036 square km, 14 valleys and two countries.
Here’s a piste map to help you get around.
- In Morzine; we love More Mountain. Unpretentious luxury & fabulous hosts
- In Morzine; we like Hunter Chalets & their helpful concierge
- In Montiond; La Vallee and The Nest by Mountain Spaces. Beautiful interiors & lovely hosts, chef & chauffeur
- In Les Gets; we love M&T Les Gets. A great selection of chalets and apartments in Les Gets.
- In both Morzine & Les Gets; Consensio has wonderfully catered chalets. Fun slide in Les Gets & fab spa in Morzine
Eating on the slopes
Our favourite restaurant on the hill is La Paika in Les Gets. We especially enjoy the Sunday BBQ. Great food & friendly service in a secluded spot. Access to & from the restaurant is via a quiet red run.
We love to share some great hidden gems “off the beaten track” with you during your lessons.
For freshly prepared meals delivered to your self catered accommodation try Chalet Kitchen
We like the friendly staff at All Mountain Rental (plus they deliver to your door). Fantastic service & helpful ski technicians/boot fitters.
Purchase lift passes from any of the following locations:
- Bottom of Pleney telecabine
- Tourist information in the centre of Morzine
- Bottom of Super-Morzine Telecabine
- Bottom of Ardent telecabine
Hot tip: Quite often your chalet can arrange for lift passes to be ready on arrival. Check with them to see if they offer this service.
Transport in & around Morzine
- Powerder Cab offers door to door transfers all year round and they’ve been based in Morzine since 2005. They aim to provide the most professional and friendly service with both shared and private options, with 8 and 13-seater comfortable new minibuses.
- Friendly staff make Mountain Bus Company our favourite company for evening taxis
- The Ski Bus is a great option, it’s free if you have a lift pass and runs between Morzine and Ardent (bus stops include the Mairie in Morzine) See the bus timetable here.